The nature of work and the types of jobs that will be available in the future is changing.
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) skills will play a major role in the future labour market.
- Each year all Year 9 students will have an opportunity to explore P-TECH through our Introduction to the Workplace program.
- Industry visits, industry speakers and learning experiences will help students to explore pathways to future study and careers.
- Students will have the opportunity to enrol in the innovative P-TECH program in one of the following career pathways: Health/Science, Information Technology
- P-TECH students will undertake a Cert III qualification while undertaking VCAL or VCE. Students will be matched with an industry mentor to assist them
throughout the program.
- The P-TECH curriculum prepares students to navigate the education-to-work transition earlier than is typical through the partnership with industry
and the opportunity to engage in the workforce.
What are the unique benefits of P-TECH?
The P-TECH model is based around a partnership between education and STEM industry sectors to offer opportunities and support for students by providing:
- An industry mentor
- Hands on workplace experience
- Defined pathways to achieving a higher qualification
- Innovative approaches to learning
- Links to employment
- Learning opportunities using multiple teaching methods and tools
Education for Employment
P-TECH students will not only complete their VCE or VCAL but will also undertake an industry supported qualification pathway.
Students will undertake Certificate III training and studies and progress towards higher qualifications and employment opportunities in one of the following career pathways.
- Information Technology