P-TECH is collaborative partnership between education and industry. It provides a pathway for students to gain a nationally accredited qualification along side their regular in school education and workplace experience guided by a mentor from one of our industry partners.
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) skills will play a major role in the future labour market.
- Each year all Year 9 students will have an opportunity to explore P-TECH through our Introduction to the Workplace program.
- Industry visits, industry speakers and learning experiences will help students to explore pathways to future study and careers.
- Students will have the opportunity to enrol in the innovative P-TECH program in one of the following career pathways: Health/Science, Information Technology or Business.
- P-TECH students will undertake a Cert III qualification while undertaking VCAL or VCE. Students will be matched with an industry mentor to assist them throughout the program.
- The P-TECH curriculum prepares students to navigate the education-to-work transition earlier than is typical through the partnership with industry and the opportunity to engage in the workforce.
What are the unique benefits of P-TECH?
The P-TECH model is based around a partnership between education and STEM industry sectors to offer opportunities and support for students by providing:
- An industry mentor
- Hands on workplace experience
- Defined pathways to achieving a higher qualification
- Innovative approaches to learning
- Links to employment
- Learning opportunities using multiple teaching methods and tools
Education for Employment
P-TECH students will not only complete their VCE or VCAL but will also undertake an industry supported qualification pathway.Students will undertake Certificate III training and studies and progress towards higher qualifications and employment opportunities in
one of the following career pathways.
- Information Technology
Students participating in the P-TECH pilot will study regular secondary school subjects such as English and mathematics, while also undertaking an advanced STEM learning program with support from our industry partners.
AML is a laboratory that specialises in the diagnosis of bacterial, viral, parasite and fungal pathogens.
Barwon Health is
service, serving up
to 500,000 people.
Bendigo Bank is a
top 60 ASX listed
company, owned by
more than 90,000
The Victorian BioScience Education Centre sowcases the best in bioscience research and careers including focus areas such as medical sport and health sciences, biotechnology, materials technology and biomechanics.
The COGG, through its council, manages a number of departments such as infrastructure, community services, events and tourism.
|With over 40 years of experience as one of Australia's leading tertiary education providers, Deakin's won numerous awards and teaches over 53,000 students each year, offering students world-class programs||
GMHBA is an
Australian not for
profit health fund
with more than 80
|As one of the largest regional TAFEs in Victoria, The Gordon has been helping people gain real skills for real jobs for over 125 years.||Victoria's "Yacht Club of the Year" offers a range of learn to sail, twilight sailing, racing events and regattas and is home to the 'Festival of Sails', the largest sailing regatta in the Southern Hemisphere.||
Group is a national
provider of marketleading
Tribal Group is the
leading provider of
to education sectors